ABOUT THE JOB - can be remote
As a Software Engineer on the Archival project, you will be responsible for:
- Designing and developing cutting-edge solutions for long term archival storage needs using different types of cloud-based storage technologies
- Identifying problems in existing solutions and improving them
- Working with the support organization to provide a world-class support experience to customers
- Nurturing a team culture which sets high standards and achieves them through collaboration
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in Computer Science
- At least 4 years of software development experience in building highly scalable and performant systems
- Proficiency in one or more general purpose programming languages like Java, C/C++, Scala, Python
- An eagerness to learn and thrive in a fast moving environment
- An understanding of how cloud computing works (preferable)
ABOUT THE TEAM
Archival is a critical component of Rubrik’s industry leading Data Protection solution. The team’s mission is to build solutions to enable customers to use cost-efficient archival options for long term data protection and provide swift access to data when the need arises.
We build solutions which move data to and from different cloud locations in a highly efficient and performant manner. In addition to providing fast access to data, we also harness cloud compute to consolidate cloud storage and keep costs down. An intelligent tiering solution provides options to customers to drive down costs further by harnessing cold storage tiers offered by big cloud vendors like AWS and Azure.
Being part of this team, you will have the opportunity to take these features to the next level and offer a highly sophisticated solution which can drive itself with minimal oversight.