Duties and responsibilities:
- Manage testing projects, including test planning, resource planning, interfacing with internal and external suppliers for parts procurement/fabrication, data acquisition planning and operation, test data analysis and results reporting.
- Work with integrated product development teams to assist in strategic test planning with respect to what needs to be tested, how it will be tested and where.
- Report test results to design teams, management, and quality review boards.
- Understand facility and company safety policy and be prepared to train and audit other employees.
- Perform test facility, test fixture, and equipment installation safety audits.
- Perform component and system level troubleshooting and support issue resolution and root cause analysis.
- Plan and implement new product performance and reliability tests.
- Design and fabricate the fixtures for testing.
- Responsible for analyzing the test data, writing test reports, and presenting test results.
Setup, calibration, and use of test instrumentation. Instrumentation includes, but not limited to, load cells, accelerometers, strain gages, and pressure transducers and the use of data acquisition systems collecting and analyzing the data.
Engineering degree required. Previous testing and analysis to meet company performance and quality requirements and/or national/international standards/codes is preferred. Candidate is required to have a sound understanding of engineering principles, basic mechanical design, and understand basic fabrication and assembly. Experience with Labview and Matlab software is desirable but not required. Proficiency with MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint are required.
Clear, concise communication abilities
- Process oriented
- Self-confidence assertiveness
- Facilitation skills
Business travel estimated at 10%.