Otis is the world leader in reliable, efficient and technologically advanced elevators, escalators and people-moving systems. Our revolutionary Gen2® elevators, energy-saving ReGen™ drives and NCE “green” escalator have clearly set the industry standard for innovation, safety and performance. More than 2.4 million Otis elevators and escalators are currently in operation throughout 200 different countries. We are proud to have a global team that continues to rise to the challenges of a fast-moving company. Together, the people of Otis are creating new ideas and opportunities by collaborating across time zones, geographies and cultures. So just imagine where we can take you!
Support improvements to product and process quality through the planning, implementation, and improvement of the quality system. Work with associates and engineers in identifying and eliminating the sources of quality defects through robust process improvements.
Lead teams in the performance of root cause analysis and implementation of corrective actions for quality defects including warranty claims, scrap, rework
- Achieve and maintain high process capability for key characteristics through the application of statistical process control, including measurement system analysis, control chart deployment, monitoring for out of control conditions, use of shop floor SPC software packages
- Ensure Quality at the Source implementation through use of localized and detailed audit plans
- Conduct improvement activities to enhance the process, such as 5S, TPM, 8D, Standard Work, etc.
- Conduct machine capability studies to determine in-source manufacturability and monitor machine performance
- Implement traceability initiatives for critical components
- Interface with Engineering and Operations to ensure new product introduction and product changes are in conformance with the design and do not create risk in assembly processes, and to develop/update FMEAs, Process Control Plans, and other quality system documents
- Develop and deliver training to salary and hourly associates on quality and continuous improvement
- Analyze data sets (drawing conclusions about product and process performance) and communicate recommendations to leaders with the aid of data visualizations
- Create and maintain quality documentation, such as quality manuals, quality procedures, standard work, process maps, etc. process improvements.
- Principles and application of statistical process control on the shop floor including descriptive statistics, data collection planning, and development and use of control charts
- Application of quality improvement and root cause analysis tools (FMEA, Gage R&R, 8D, DOE, 5 Whys, Fishbone, Pareto Charts, etc.)
- Application of Lean/6 Sigma manufacturing tools (5S, TPM, Value Stream Mapping, SIPOC, Poka Yoke, Kaizen, Hypothesis testing, etc.)
- Application of continuous improvement methodology (DMAIC, PDCA, etc.)
- Knowledge of ISO9001
- Experience creating standard work and visuals for manufacturing environment
- Experience with software packages including Microsoft Office, Minitab
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to collaborate and work in a team environment
- Experience with InfinityQS software a plus
- Experience with supplier quality and PPAP acceptance a plus
- 4+ years in quality assurance in a manufacturing environment
- Lean/6 Sigma certification a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial/Manufacturing/Mechanical/Electrical Engineering