Each day, the engineering team at Otis is working to meet some of the most unique and exciting global challenges. To maintain our role as a global leader, we continue to seek talented, ambitious individuals to join our team. If you thrive in a fast-paced environment and are looking for an opportunity to apply your technical expertise, then we have a great opportunity for you.
The Sr. Engineer of Systems Engineering will coordinate timely and accurate implementation of product design changes and operational changes into the new equipment business and system configuration development. This includes product configuration through the maintenance of Concept Configurator and/or CHESS mainframe, JD Edwards MRP System, MS Access based shop views.
They will take a lead role within IPD teams in providing guidance for proper structuring of drawings and data to support contract specifying, NC programming, Pro-E modeling, supply management and manufacturing requirements.
The Sr. Engineer of Systems Engineering will have responsibility for engineering change implementation by ensuring data and system’s capability testing from sales to final shipment. They may also be called upon to participate in special projects, perform data analyses, and work up proposals as required.
- Bachelor's degree in Industrial Engineering, Manufacturing, Information Technology, Management Information Systems or related field required
- 3 + years of experience
- Experience in Operations, Manufacturing and/or Engineering environment is required.
- Thorough understanding of engineering drawings, manufacturing systems, manufacturing workflow, configuration software, and ERP BOM management.
- Demonstrated ability to quickly comprehend changing system requirements.
- Proficiency in MS Access and Excel are a plus.
- Good interpersonal and business communications skills are required. Manufacturing experience preferred.