The successful market intelligence analyst will gather, analyze, and visually present data to deliver insights around macro-trends, market trends, and customer and competitive dynamics to influence Carhartt’s business.
The market intelligence analyst needs to be able to confidently understand data’s correct applications and limitations – focusing on what data can and cannot tell us and when to apply different analytic techniques. With this knowledge, they are able to communicate insights that their clients can trust.
The market intelligence analysis will filter and clean data, then analyze it using appropriate tools. The ideal candidate will have experience in a statistical or analytical environment including capabilities like SQL, SAS or SPSS, Power BI & Advanced Excel knowledge. They will also be able to integrate data from disparate sources. Finally, the successful candidate will be able to structure analytical outputs in visually appealing ways for absorption and interpretation by executive stakeholders.
The market intelligence analyst is the heart of the insights function – trusted to mine multiple sources of data and derive actionable insights. By translating varying perspectives into cohesive conclusions, the market intelligence analyst empowers the business to act to meet the needs of the hardworking people Carhartt serves.
We are All Leaders at Carhartt
In our words and by our actions, we strive to emulate the hardworking example set forth by our founder, Hamilton Carhartt. We Lead Business by creating value, delivering on results, and making changes along the way. We Lead Self by being dependable because hardworking people count on us to have their back every day. We Lead Others by communicating and clearly defining the path as we walk bravely into the future. Working at Carhartt, we are all given a seat at the table and the honor of continuing the legacy.
• Experience evaluating syndicated data and using these types of data marketplaces (ex. NPD, Edited, Nielsen) is required.
• Perform data collection and analysis across multiple data sources and tools, including syndicated data, industry resources, competitive information, and future trends to inform decisions.
• Provide guidance and insights on market share expansion & declines across key product and market segments.
• Integrate existing insights from internal and syndicated research sources to inform strategic priorities and develop brand, category, competitive, consumer and customer facts.
• Manage data and information requests from cross-functional partners; work with other team members to prioritize and deliver against requests in a timely fashion.
• Support dissemination of category and industry trends through regular internal deliverables, informing business units and cross functional teams on key drivers of performance and future focus areas.
• Participate in a cross-functional environment to create a holistic and unified understanding of market and trend insights across disparate sources of data.
Bachelor's Degree Required in Business or Related Field
Equivalent work experience may be considered in lieu of degree
Required Skills and Experience
MBA/Masters in Market Research preferred but not required
2-5 years of market research experience, preferably in a market research agency, consulting firm, retailer, or with a syndicated shopper insights provider.
Experience with a wide variety of research methodologies and demonstrated ability to interpret syndicated data
Experience and desire to explore new, behavioral science-based methods
Ability to synthesize qualitative, quantitative, and syndicated data into insights
Ability to develop and communicate strategic thinking, influence and lead others, and manage projects
Experience participating in internal and external cross-functional teams and partnering across multiple business functions
Highly analytical, logical, structured problem solver
Excellent communicator (both oral and written), with strong data-visualization skills
Hybrid location: Associate will work on-site regularly as needed for work activities.
Willing to work some weekends if necessary