This region covers from Seattle to San Diego to Denver to Salt Lake and Spokane. This position is remote.
At Novartis, we are reimagining medicine to address some of society’s most challenging healthcare issues. We discover and develop breakthrough treatments and find new ways to deliver them to as many people as possible.
1.4 million patients are projected to be supported by Novartis Patient Specialty Services (PSS) by 2023. Importantly, PSS is increasingly providing strategic leadership, execution and resources to help appropriate patients access, initiate and remain on the Novartis medications needed to improve their lives. Today a significant percentage of patients are unable to access appropriate treatments and are lost before their first prescription is filled, with a majority lost at year one. Losing a majority of patients for preventable reasons is unacceptable and we know patients deserve better.
Imagine a dynamic strategy that dedicates greater technology, creativity, and talent to drive the innovative HCP and patient support to access, in order to allow appropriate patients to start and stay on their medications. Enhancing critical capabilities around the patient and HCP experience “post prescription” is the exact vision of Novartis PSS and the reason we are seeking top talent for the role Area Reimbursement Leader. Patients are the core of what we do here at Novartis, we are reimagining medicine to build, design, implement, and run dynamic end-to-end patient support offerings to help support patient success.
Do you want to be part of a team that puts patients first and puts a strong focus on customer-centric initiatives? Do you want the opportunity to lead and collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders? If so, we want to hear from you!
Your responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Field Management and Leadership.
- Hire, manage, develop and effectively lead a field team to meet or exceed business goals, objectives and targets.
- Develop, communicate and cascade IH&D FRM strategies, plans, objectives and metrics and align these with the overall FRM and community-based strategies as appropriate.
- Guide, coach and mentor field team (including helping to solve complex reimbursement issues) as well as conduct field rides with FRMs (minimum quarterly) to gain first-hand knowledge of customer access concerns and questions.
- Collaborate with internal partners/stakeholders to evaluate FRM performance against goals, objectives and job accountabilities and provide thorough mid-year and year-end performance reviews for each team member.
- Provide focused and clear leadership and direction during times of change and uncertainty to support the FRM’s ability to respond to changing market events and other reimbursement variables.
- Proactively communicate and integrate with the Field Sales Regional Director to capitalize on opportunities for continuous improvement and to orchestrate a coordinated effort to support access to IH&D products.
- Proactively work to anticipate FRM needs, develop solutions and implement appropriate direction and/or communications.
- Work with other FRM teams and leaders to effectively scope potential impact of issues and opportunities and identify developing trends and share with appropriate stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s Degree required. Advanced degree preferred.
- 2+ years people management experience.
- 5+ years relevant reimbursement and/or access experience in the medical/pharmaceutical industry
- Must demonstrate excellent working knowledge of reimbursement and practice management environment.
- Experience leading remote, field-based teams with proven track record developing talent
- Candidate live within assigned geographic area
- Strong teamwork orientation and partnering skills: proven track record or working collaboratively, efficiently, and effectively with multiple internal/external partners
- Strong capabilities in the areas of decision making, teamwork and collaboration, business acumen, managing change, and strategic agility.