Territory covers the following areas Stockton to Fresno to Thousand Oaks and potentially other areas.
At Novartis, we are reimagining medicine to address some of society’s most challenging healthcare issues. We discover and develop breakthrough treatments and find new ways to deliver them to as many people as possible.
1.4 million patients are projected to be supported by Novartis Patient Specialty Services (PSS) by 2023. Importantly, PSS is increasingly providing strategic leadership, execution and resources to help appropriate patients access, initiate and remain on the Novartis medications needed to improve their lives. Today a significant percentage of patients are unable to access appropriate treatments and are lost before their first prescription is filled, with a majority lost at year one. Losing a majority of patients for preventable reasons is unacceptable and we know patients deserve better.
Imagine a dynamic strategy that dedicates greater technology, creativity, and talent to drive the innovative HCP and patient support to access, in order to allow appropriate patients to start and stay on their medications. Enhancing critical capabilities around the patient and HCP experience “post prescription” is the exact vision of Novartis PSS and the reason we are seeking top talent for the role Field Reimbursement Manager. Patients are the core of what we do here at Novartis, we are reimagining medicine to build, design, implement, and run dynamic end-to-end patient support offerings to help support patient success.
Do you want to be part of a team that puts patients first and puts a strong focus on customer-centric initiatives? Do you want the opportunity to lead and collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders? If so, we want to hear from you!
Your responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Provide live one-on-one and virtual engagements, using approved tools, to support and address questions about coverage requirements
• Offer assistance from prescriber decision through to access, supporting the entire Reimbursement journey through payer prior authorization to appeals/denials requirements procedures and forms
• Educating physician office staff on the use of the patient assistance programs and call center support services, including web based provider programs
• Identifies market access trends from local, regional or national payers in territory, and partners with purpose internally to enable appropriate patient access and/or externally to support patient pull-through
• Adapts and pivots to manage change and complexity: agility to flex when markets, policies and dynamics change; proactive and reactive managing through conflict; navigates complexity of accounts and patient journey
• Work with internal partners to build strategic patient access and reimbursement account plans and review franchise, market access, and PSS business plans and objectives
• Effective account management: uncovering customer insights through effective questioning; critical thinking and problem solving; disseminating data and information to partners
• Matrix collaboration: collaboration and role clarity including Novartis rules of engagement; disciplined territory management and organizational skills; acting with integrity at all times including compliance with all guidance and quality
• Bachelor’s Degree required. Advanced degree preferred.
• Minimum three years' experience in public or private third party Reimbursement arena or pharmaceutical industry in managed care, clinical support, or sales.
• Establishing relationships within a practice by working closely with them to help remove Reimbursement barriers to specialty products for their patients
• Ability to operate as a "team player" in collaborating with multiple sales representatives, sales leadership, and internal colleagues to reach common goals
• Candidate live within assigned geographic area
• Knowledge of Managed Care, Government, and Federal payer sectors, as well as Integrated Delivery Network/Integrated Health Systems a plus
• Knowledge of Centers of Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) policies and processes with expertise in Medicare Part D (Pharmacy Benefit design and coverage policy) a plus