The Business Technology’s Infrastructure team is responsible for providing world-class IT solutions for Workday to help scale and grow the business. The infrastructure team delivers end to end solutions for enabling and accelerating Workmate productivity.
In this role you will manage a small team of Engineers, responsible for building and maintaining end to end monitoring solutions for the Business Technology organization. You will define standards, processes, and governance based on business, security, and technical requirements. Establish a Monitoring Center of Excellence to provide centralized monitoring as a service for other teams within Business Technologies. As the lead for our Monitoring Center of Excellence team, you will also play a leadership role in ideation and selection of services and technologies used to monitor infrastructure, SaaS, and applications.
- Manage a cross functional team of engineers to establish and maintain end to end monitoring solutions for the entire organization.
- Partner with Business Technology stakeholders to define and execute a strategy for monitoring their products
- Product ownership with the ability to define the standards and governance for the monitoring center of excellence.
- Monitor, measure and improve the performance and state-awareness of our systems, networks, and applications.
- Enable end user monitoring to better understand both our workmate experience and customer interactions.
- Remain current on industry trends and vendor roadmaps and use that information to influence the future of our services.
- The ideal candidate will demonstrate deep knowledge and experience in Infrastructure, SaaS, and application monitoring solutions
- Experience with monitoring solutions, either on-prem or in the cloud. Such as Splunk, New Relic, SolarWinds, Appneta, Icinga, Nagios
- Working with stakeholders to agree to prioritization in an open and collaborative manner.
- Experience in responding collaboratively to operational issues and applying findings to prevent them happening again.
- Highly skilled in identifying performance bottlenecks, identifying anomalous system behavior, and determining the root cause of incidents.
- Experience with development and deployment in a hosted cloud environment, preferably AWS with deep understanding of CloudWatch