The Operational Evaluation Division (OED) has an immediate career opening for an Analyst with Army or Marine combat arms experience to support the Department of Defense's assessment of the operational effectiveness, suitability, survivability, and lethality of Army and Marine Corps combat systems. IDA takes great pride in the high caliber and timeliness of its analyses, produced in an atmosphere that encourages independent thinking and objective results. Work at IDA is conducted in a team environment that typically involves multi-disciplinary collaboration.
The Analyst will support and advise mid- and senior-level civilian and military officials regarding the operational evaluation of Army or Marine Corps weapon systems. The Analyst will assist in the design and planning for field-based operational testing, observe operational test execution in the field, and contribute written assessments on a military unit’s operational effectiveness when employing the system under test. Close interaction with Army or Marine units and officials responsible for the planning, development, and execution of testing is required. Travel to test sites is required
Candidates must have the following experience and education:
- Combat arms operational experience including troop leadership experience at the Battalion and Brigade level (Battalion Commander and Brigade Operations Officer, Executive Officer, or Brigade Commander)
- An advanced degree in the National Security, Military History, Political Science, or Organizational Management coupled with relevant work experience in government, industry, fellowships, or internships;
- An advanced degree in the Operations Research, Engineering, Mathematics, Physical Sciences or an interdisciplinary program that encompasses one of these disciplines is a plus
- Experience writing and editing reports or speeches for senior government officials is a plus.
- Up to 25% travel is required.
- Successful completion of a criminal background check is required.
U.S. Citizenship is required
Ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance is required
Equal Opportunity Employer