Join our team and experience Workday!
It's fun to work in a company where people truly believe in what they're doing. At Workday, we're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business of enterprise applications.
Opportunity Onramps® at Workday is a pathway to launch your career in the technology industry. Opportunity Onramps provides on-the-job training, mentorship, and a pathway to full time careers for transitioning Veterans and eligible Service Members of the National Guard and Reserves.
Workday is proud to support transitioning Veterans in their journey from military service to civilian careers, and eligible members of the National Guard and Reserves, through our Career Accelerator Program (CAP): an immersive 16-week paid program designed to leverage your skills and experiences and align them with potential career opportunities at Workday.
Workday is looking for self-motivated professionals with Higher Education experience as a practitioner or as a business analyst that are ready to leverage their functional knowledge and skills within a dynamic QA role that will involve critical analysis of abstract use cases and creating and executing manual UI and web service test cases. Your contributions in this vital development role will ensure Workday Student delivers an intuitive, fully integrated and powerful application that will transform higher education. Automation testing is not required. However, reading through automated scripts and logs to verify the content and automated test results is required. Candidates are expected to plan, design, and review test plans and specifications and ensure full coverage based on functional specifications and requirements documents.
About the Role
- Critical analysis of abstract feature use cases
- Develop test plans and testware for capabilities of our Student Product
- Assist in determining our test methodology and test data setup.
- Diagnose problems and report bugs and enhancements to Development.
- Proven experience with delivering high quality software products within a full development lifecycle
- Execute testware during formal test periods for every Workday Update.
- Interact effectively with all stakeholders, including peers, Product Management and Development.
- Provide regular status updates against your and team's test plans through clear and effective communication skills.
- Build acceptance test scenarios for the above mentioned products.
- Attitude and aptitude to be successful in a growing and rapidly changing company.
- Must be either a US military Veteran or an eligible member of the National Guard or Reserves
- Must be able to pass a standard background check
- Cannot have been out of the military for longer than three years (exception is for those currently enrolled in a full-time educational program)
Nice to have experience in the following:
3+ years of functional knowledge in Higher Education as a practitioner, Business Analyst or Implementer- preferred functional knowledge in Higher Education.
2+ years of quality assurance experience is preferred.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, or equivalent work experience.