About the Role
It's fun to work in a company where people truly believe in what they're doing. At Workday, we're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business of enterprise applications.
Opportunity Onramps® at Workday is a pathway to launch your career in the technology industry. Opportunity Onramps provides on-the-job training, mentorship, and a pathway to full time careers for transitioning Veterans and eligible Service Members of the National Guard and Reserves.
Workday is proud to support transitioning Veterans and currently serving members of the National Guard and Reserves in their journey from military service to civilian careers.
This role oversees the release related operations and milestones for Workday’s bi-annual releases for the Frameworks product lines. This role must collaborate across job functions (e.g. Development, Product Management, Quality Assurance and Documentation) and across the organization, with a heavy emphasis on working with Product Managers and their specific deliverables.
Other responsibilities include managing other new or existing release related operations (i.e. critical features monitoring, dependency requests, scope changes, late delivery, carryover, adoption metrics, etc.) and gathering feedback to constantly improve the way we work. The program manager is not expected to be an expert in the subject matter relating to the release contents, but must have the confidence, resourcefulness, adaptability and flexibility to ensure all release milestones are completed on time and achieve desired outcomes.
- Define and standardize the product development process from discovery to launch to maintenance to ensure rigor and consistency.
- Facilitate quarterly product & business review presentations to standardize select areas and share the key messages on performance, execution and planning by program.
- Drive our quarterly and annual planning processes, from format and execution through follow-up.
- Collaborate with the leadership teams and Go-to-Market partners to perform analyses including pipeline health, adoption rate, and customer needs.
Cross pillar alignment
- Coordinates work across pillars or cross-functional teams, both on requesting end and receiving end, focused on delivering new or upgrading existing product
- Manage tools and execute related programs that drive efficiency for our Product team.
- Collaborate on program and organization-wide goals, including OKRs and resourcing, to ensure we’re driving toward results and set up for success.
- Understanding software development life-cycle (requirements, design, development, test, release, and post-launch analysis), with ability to foster collaboration and track progress throughout the journey
- Desire and innate ability to collaborate, with a natural curiosity and growth mindset
- Comfortable in communication, negotiation, conflict management, multi-tasking, problem solving, influencing and decision-making
- A “get it done” mentality; self-starter with a discipline for defining priorities, driving decisions and getting closure on tasks and projects
- Familiar with business systems and tools (e.g., JIRA, Confluence, Workboard etc.). Jira Query Language (JQL) an advantage
- Understanding of agile product development, biz analytics, data analysis, Go-to-Market processes
- Data-driven thinker and analytical mindset across both quantitative and qualitative data
- Must be either a US military Veteran or an eligible member of the National Guard or Reserves
- Must be able to pass a standard background check