26,000+ associates from 100 different countries are working hard to build an inspired, curious and unbossed culture in which everyone is enabled to be their best. The Global Category Manager for lab services plans and leads all strategic aspects within his/her category on a global level and develops proposals for strategic business decisions.
This Associate Director level position will provide high value procurement solutions to the business and category strategies; support third party vendor selection, vendor development, technology management and performance measurement activities.
Moreover, you will ensure best-in-class delivery of external services in the relevant category to support technical R&D projects and to realize year-on-year productivity improvements, cost savings, and process improvements in close collaboration with the customers in the business.
Your responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Accountable for development and implementation of the individual category procurement strategy in alignment with business needs.
- Responsible for development and execution of robust category strategies that meet the needs of multiple cross-divisional stakeholders as well as drive exceptional value for Novartis.
- Globalize and consolidate business needs, pull multiple entities operating similar services, to standardize and scale up the activities.
- Develop proposals for strategic business decisions and provide support of make-versus-buy options (e.g. in-/outsourcing of technologies).
- Represent Procurement as a strategic business partner
- Ensure alignment and harmonization of operating model to develop and drive one global policy for services.
- Institute global governance and global review across the regions to monitor category performance
- Ensure global and consistent Geographical Support Model
- Primary Novartis point of contact for strategic suppliers in US; in charge of implementing the governance for the US region and driving an enhanced collaboration across supplier and stakeholders, organize the quarterly business review
- Develop a set of global and harmonized key indicators across the business units to drive and enhance category performance
What you’ll bring to the role:
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree. Master’s degree preferred
- 10+ years of experience in Strategic Supplier Management, knowledge of Lab Supplies Procurement preferred
- Experience in the pharmaceutical or similar industry strongly preferred
- Successful project execution by providing all external solutions in time / at the required quality / within budget as verified by the business.
- Successful and measurable execution on efficiency programs
- Measurable and continuous process improvement & compliance assurance