Digital Health Technology team powers digital experiences and engagement to enhance the lives of millions of people every day through connected care. We build, deliver and manage a portfolio of data management platforms and mobile offerings in support of our core businesses. We thrive on simple and elegant architecture and agility. You’ll be immersed in a dynamic high-growth environment and empowered to excel, take informed risks, and drive ingenuity across the enterprise.
Digital Health Technology organization powers digital experiences and engagement to enhance millions of people's lives every day through connected care. We build, deliver, and manage a portfolio of data management platforms and mobile offerings to support our core businesses. We thrive on simple and elegant architecture and agility. You'll be immersed in a dynamic, high-growth environment and empowered to excel, take informed risks, and drive ingenuity across the enterprise.
Let's talk about the team and you
An innovative mind with big ideas reign at ResMed Digital Health Technology organization. You will work in an environment filled with self-starters, highly engaged, collaborative, and creative engineering teams that make a difference. As a Software Engineer, you’ll build a state of the art software that delights our customer. You'll exercise judgment and handle ambiguity within the defined procedures and practices. As part of a product team, you’ll support the team’s vision and objectives, with a passion to build the best solution and experiment with new technologies.
Let's talk about responsibilities
- As a highly competent engineer: mentor an intern and/or an associate engineer in product and technical domains. Work closely with Technical Product Manager & Delivery Manager on planning, estimation and triaging issues. Collaborate and align well within the team and with cross-functional teams.
- Apply creativity and technical knowledge: to design, develop, test, deploy and monitor cloud native applications in AWS, with speed. Assist in executing spikes, proof of concepts, and exploring new ideas. Assist with code reviews and provide constructive feedback.
- Own product quality: by adhering to best engineering practices in testing and automation (unit, integration, performance, security, CI/CD, end2end). Be aware of the product metrics in production.
- Achieve operational excellence: through operation as code, incremental changes that anticipate failure and learning from failures.
- Dedicate: to patients and customers, building the best solution for their needs.
Let's talk about qualifications and experience
- Experience developing in Java and/or Python.
- Solid understanding of design patterns and algorithms.
- Experince building secure cloud native applications that are scalable, fault tolerant and resilient.
- Understanding of container technologies and serverless services on AWS such as (Docker, Kubernetes, Lambda, Fargate, API Gateway, Dynamo DB, S3, etc.).
- Experience with message queueing and notification services such as (Amazon MQ, SQS, SNS, etc.).
- Knowledge of data streaming solutions such as (Kinesis, Timestream, Kafka, etc.)
- Experience in continuous integration and deployment with (Jenkins, CodePipeline, etc.).
- Experience working with relational and NoSQL data services such as (RDS, Aurora, MongoDB, etc.).
- Strong debugging, testing, and problem solving skills.
- Understanding of systems integration & performance test.
- Knowledge and experience in test automation with modern testing tools such as (Selenium, REST Assured, Postman, JMeter, etc.)
- Understand security and engineering best practices.
- Ability to create task break down based on user stories and plan your work to meet team goals.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent experience, with recent coding experience in Java
- At least 3+ years of professional software development experience, including with high-volume cloud native applications and services.
- AWS certification for developer or DevOps is an asset.
- Experience with Terraform is a plus.
- Experience with instrumenting observability and alerts.
- AI/ML experience is an asset.
- Experience working in a regulated medical environment.
Joining us is more than saying “yes” to making the world a healthier place. It’s discovering a career that’s challenging, supportive and inspiring. Where a culture driven by excellence helps you not only meet your goals, but also create new ones. We focus on creating a diverse and inclusive culture, encouraging individual expression in the workplace and thrive on the innovative ideas this generates. If this sounds like the workplace for you, apply now!