About the job
Here’s What We Need:
An experienced Claims Adjuster which can investigate, evaluate, and negotiate auto liability insurance claims including auto vehicle damages and physical injuries. A qualified potential team member understands and can explain coverage, determine liability and the appropriate settlement value.
Here's What We Are Looking For:
· The ability to understand and execute claims processes to determine coverage, liability and damages; identify fraudulent activity and recovery opportunity.
· The ability to negotiate a fair and appropriate settlement with all loss parties.
· Conduct official interview(s) with members/insureds, claimants, witnesses, and other loss parties as required.
· Investigate damages to automobiles as necessary.
· Consult with legal and medical experts to gain further insight into the claim.
· Familiarity with industry claims systems to document and manage all claim information.
· Prepare and processes all documentation related to the claim.
Your Skills Matter:
· Bi-lingual in Spanish preferred.
· Provide exceptional customer service to all loss parties.
· Demonstrated analytical thinking and interpretive skills.
· Ability to write and speak in a clear and effective manner.
· Excellent listening skills.
· Ability to interview insureds, claimants, witnesses, and other parties in a professional, empathic but unbiased manner.
· Ability to participate in a collaborative team environment.
· Ability to comprehend and interpret insurance and legal documents.
· Ability to translate legal terminology into layman’s terms.
· Demonstrated ability to make confident and informed decisions independently.
· Demonstrated strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
· Basic level computer skills for the purposes of data entry and record keeping.
· Able to travel for investigative purposes as required.
Education and Experience
· High school or GED required; associate degree in related field strongly preferred.
· Degree in Insurance, Finance or similar field is a plus
· Two years of work experience in the insurance sector as an adjuster required.
· Must be able to obtain and maintain required P&C Claims licenses and state registrations.
· Hybrid work model requiring periods of sitting at a workstation and using a computer to process paperwork relevant to insurance claims.
· Occasional traveling to interview policyholders, claimants, and witnesses.