The role of the Sr. IT Project Manager is to manage information technology projects from business requirements through deployment and post production support. Sr. Project Managers are hightly experienced and successful in delivering large, very complex projects which may last several years. These projects may involve highly complex interrelationships within the organization but may also include relationships to entities outside of the enterprise, clients, partners, vendors and government agencies.
General Dynamics is a successful Fortune 100, global aerospace and defense company, with over 90,000 employees world-wide. General Dynamics Land Systems, a business unit of General Dynamics, has a strong foundation of delivering core engineering and manufacturing capabilities to our clients for military vehicles. Our team is focused on continuous process and productivity improvements that reduce product costs, while increasing troop safety and effectiveness. Land Systems continues to work with the US Armed Forces and its Allies to ensure these vehicles remain survivable, relevant, flexible, affordable and capable of addressing a dynamic threat environment.
General Dynamics Lands Systems provides a competitive compensation package including: 9/80 Work Schedule; 401(k) with Company Match; Bonus Eligibility; Tuition Reimbursement; On-site Fitness Center, Laundry and cafeteria; and comprehensive Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance.
General Dynamics Land Systems’ ethos is our distinguishing moral nature. Each of us has an obligation to behave according to our values. In that way, we can ensure that we continue to be good stewards of the investments in us by our shareholders, customers, employees and communities, now and in the future. Our ethos is rooted in five values: 1) Honesty – We tell the truth to ourselves and to others. Honesty breeds transparency. 2) Trust – We trust each other to do the right thing. 3) Humanity – We are compassionate and empathetic. We respect the dignity, rights and autonomy of others. 4) Alignment – We are united in our commitment to our values. 5) Value Creation – We create value by doing the right thing for our shareholders, our customers, our employees and our communities.
- Manages high priority or complex projects including schedule development, resource management, scope and requirements definition, change management and other project related processes
- Ensures IT projects are delivered on time, within budget and with high quality for assigned projects and for projects
- Participates in planning sessions as necessary to assist in determining project approach and overall time lines assiciated with project requirements
- Develop and manage project budgets to ensure project completes within expected budget
- Track and manage risks, issues, actions and decisions related to assigned projects
- Develop and report out on project status reports
- Manage assigned project resources, including vendors, to ensure completion of assigned tasks
- Escalate issues to supervisor on a timely basis to ensure timely resolution
- Ensure project follows PMO policies and procedures
- Manage multiple projects at one time
- Keep project stakeholders informed of project status
Formal Education & Certification
- University degree or college diploma in Information Technology or related field
- PMP certification strongly preferred
Knowledge & Experience
- 10+ years experience managing IT related projects
- Strong understanding of information technology including hardware, software and applications
- Strong understanding of the Systems Development Lifecycle
- Basic understanding of Agile and Waterfall development methodologies
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, especially Microsoft Project
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent listening, interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
- Strong customer service skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong planning skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Strong budgeting and financial tracking skills
- Strong documentation skills