This is a position in General Dynamics Land Systems division.
- Provide leadership, guidance and mentoring to team members across the Stryker portfolio that support Contract Administration duties to include the following activities: Section Manager will have direct responsibility and engagement with the Army Contracting Command at the Chief level for complex contracts, significant engagements such as Major Programs of Record, Significant Competitive Procurements, CLS/Service and Development contracts programs as required. Primary department lead in developing and managing all inputs required for monthly CE reports and annual Operating Plan inputs.
- Coordinate all required approvals and notifications pursuant to Contract Administration Procedures and Company Standard Practices
- Oversee and advise in the preparation, development, and signoff of proposals
- Negotiations and execution of modifications
- Official Company interface and correspondence
- Follow-up and track customer correspondence; interface with internal and external customers to ensure prompt resolution of issues
- Drafting of Sales Orders, Requests for Estimates and all other required contract administration documentation
- This person will be delegated to be the Department Manager in the Manager's absence.
- Bachelors Degree in Business, appropriate Liberal Arts or Science, Engineering. Other bachelor degrees or disciplines considered with experience. MBA or law degree preferred.
- Prior experience with Government contracting is a significant advantage. At least 10 years professional experience in contracts, procurement, program management or relevant discipline.
- Eligible to obtain security clearance.
- Adherence to schedules and ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to manage multiple responsibilities and accomplish tasks in a timely and professional manner.
- Reading, interpreting, drafting contractual language and documents.
- Knowledgeable in the FAR and DFAR required.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal) required.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite.
- Some travel may be required.
- This person is expected to Develop Department/Division expertise such as Offset, Direct Commercial Sales, unique FAR expertise, negotiation expertise, lead SME for contract actions, etc.
- This person will be expected to provide mentoring for entry level employees and lower level CAs.