This position is with the General Dynamics Land Systems division.
- Develop integrated hybrid electric powertrain and power generation solutions for wheeled and tracked vehicle platforms
- Work with suppliers towards the development of the subsystems and components for the powertrain and power generation systems
- Identify subsystem and component requirements, provide direction to analysis teams, and interpret analysis results
- Coordinate FEA of components and subsystems
- Create test plans and actively lead or guide subsystem level testing
- Prepare and present information to the IPT on progress and design solutions
- Direct and oversee CAD model development and drawings
- Address cost, reliability maintainability, safety, human factors in the development of design
- Handle programs on a very tight schedule, and budget with complexity
- Assure customer expectations are met or exceeded
- Must have a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering. Master’s degree preferred.
- 6 years of relevant experience required. Combat vehicle experience preferred.
- Established knowledge on engines, transmissions, generators/motors, heat exchangers, fans
- Experience in CAD and Advanced simulation tools such as Creo, UG-NX, or Matlab-Simulink
- Experience with advanced powertrains such as Hybrid-Electric Powertrains required
- Excellent analytical skills to appropriately size subsystems and components
- Demonstrated ability to work independently
- Mind-set to work collaboratively in a team environment for program success
- Proven skills in the development of technical documents and oral communication
- Primary office work with Occasional travel to test locations
- Must be a US Person