Does a career focused on changing the world's energy future intrigue you? If so, we might have just the opportunity you're looking for!
A Safeguards and Security (S&S) Performance Assurance Specialist is responsible to protect, control, and account for Idaho National Laboratory (INL) security interests. This position is responsible for ensuring S&S operations, programs and procedures are in alignment with federal requirements and contractual obligations.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Ensure an effective risk-based approach is in used to protect INL security assets and activities against the consequences of attempted theft, diversion, terrorist attack, industrial sabotage, radiological sabotage, chemical sabotage, biological sabotage, espionage, unauthorized access, compromise, and other acts having an adverse impact on national security or the environment.
- Facilitate, coordinate, and support areas of Performance Assurance (i.e. performing assessments, self-assessment coordination, issues management, cause analysis, corrective action plan development, regulatory screening, lessons learned coordination, performance assurance metrics/trending, reporting, etc.), requirements, audit support, audit facilitation, S&S Program Management functions and various other projects related to these functions.
- Support S&S programs from initiation of requirements, through implementation, ongoing evaluation and organizational health results.
- Evaluate policies, processes, and procedures throughout S&S. Identify and enact solutions to issues or areas of non-compliance.
- Coordinate S&S planning and response elements with other organizational functions, advise managers on highly technical S&S preparedness and response issues. Regularly participate in, present at and/or represent S&S at meetings with internal and external representatives to resolve operational concerns and issues.
- Serve as an S&S liaison, coordinating with external and internal organizations, to develop solutions to complex problems for site-wide S&S activities and assessments. Regular interface and engagement with all levels of DOE representatives to ensure that S&S is meeting customer needs and expectations.
- Perform self-assessments to provide the means for timely identification and correction of deficiencies and non-compliant conditions to prevent adverse events and validate corrective action effectiveness.
- Bachelor's Degree and 0-2 years of relevant experience, Master's Degree and 0-1 years of relevant experience.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a DOE Q clearance.
- Project Management skills preferred.
- Knowledgeable in performance assurance activities.
- Knowledgeable in developing and conducting assessments.
- Knowledge of and be conversant in company management systems.
- Knowledgeable of DOE Security Order requirements.