Does a career focused on changing the world's energy future intrigue you? If so, we might have just the opportunity you're looking for!
Idaho National Laboratory (INL) is seeking a Senior Cybersecurity Analyst to join the Cyber Resilience department within the Infrastructure Assurance and Analysis division supporting multiple National and Homeland Security cybersecurity programs.
As a member of our team, you will participate in our mission to enable the cyber resiliency of critical infrastructure for the United States through the innovative application and integration of cybersecurity practices and technology. Our department's vision is to apply the lessons of today to enhance the cyber resilience of tomorrow's critical infrastructure.
*****Must be a US Citizen and already possess an Active Secret or L clearance and qualify for a TS/Q clearance. Must have the ability to maintain a "Q" clearance and SCI clearance.*****
- Participate and lead components of cyber defense activities up to and including national level exercises;
- Lead and mentoring peers in incident response and cyber defense methodologies and practices;
- Share and coordinate vulnerability information and threat analysis through information products and alerts;
- Determine mitigation techniques, works with others to provide assistance and technical solutions for defensive resolution to enhance INL
- Bachelor’s degree and 8 years or Advanced degree and 5 years of experience.
- Preferred degree disciplines are: Computer Science/Engineering, Information Systems, or other technical degree with a strong Computer background.
- Experience with Cyber Security Incident response analysis.
- Enhances technical proficiency through peer interaction, continuing education, and participation in relevant forums.
- Capable of representing the INL in national working groups, and public forums.
- Skill in establishing and developing customer rapport.
- Solid understanding of methodologies with Zero Day exploits, advanced cyber security concepts, attack vectors, vulnerabilities and mitigation techniques.
- Understanding of information security assurance, network forensics, and malware analysis.
- Solid grasp of advanced persistent threat tools, tactics, and procedures.
- Experience with Intrusion response, mitigation and intrusion detection methodologies and tools.
- Experience leveraging tools such as Splunk, Bro/Zeek, and other system/network incident response tools.
- Experience developing Splunk dashboards to automate or enhance analysts’ abilities to recognize and report on anomalous activities.
- Advanced understanding of Windows and Unix/Linux based operating systems.
- Strong background in networking and computer security concepts.
- Familiarity with network packet analysis performed with tools such as Wireshark, and Moloch/Arkime.
- Experience in investigation of network events as would be performed in a Security Operations Center (SOC).
- Bash, Python, PowerShell scripting language experience preferable.
- Previous experience as a Network Administrator or (SOC) analyst is preferable.