Does a career focused on changing the world's energy future intrigue you? If so, we might have just the opportunity you're looking for!
You will be responsible for assisting teams to conduct energetic, weapons and construction operations. In addition, responsible for providing discipline, experience, technical understanding for operations and oversight of explosives; energetic materials; firearms; domestic and foreign weapon systems: and various construction activities at the National Security Test Range (NSTR) including expansion activities. Directly responsible for safe and secure NSTR and RRTR operations associated with assigned taskings.
- Oversight and management of assigned activities at the NSTR to include managing projects and tasks that overlap, as well as, directing simultaneous activities that are complex, high risk, and dangerous by nature,
- Direct assigned work activities at the NSTR in a safe, organized, and efficient manner,
- Provide technical analytical details for physical Vulnerability Assessments (VA) including delay times, breaching methods, protection strategy, and construction details of security barriers and facilities,
- Provide technical details to research and development projects that contribute to providing new and/or improved systems, procedures, and/or components to protect personnel and national assets.
- You will work independently with no appreciable oversight, determining range priorities and utilizing requested resources, and requesting new and or modified Laboratory Instructions for new processes.
- Duties also determining need, requesting funding, and procuring new equipment for the Ranges.
- Performs in the role of Lab Space Coordinator (LSC) and Principal Researcher (PR).
- Serve as recognized Subject Matter Expert (SME).
- Bachelor degree with 5-8 years experience or 13-16 years of qualified experience in lieu of a degree. Prefer an education in a related discipline with a minimum of 10 years meaningful experience in the safe handling and use of explosives, firearms, ballistic systems, and other blast effect devices.
- Must be able to acquire and maintain DOE Q security clearance and work in secure work environments to include handling/storage/processing of classified information, use of combination locks, extensive range of passwords and combinations.
- Explosive Breaching Use Supervisor Qualification
- Qualified DOE Firearms Instructor & Advanced Weapons Systems Instructor
- DOE Basic Instructor Training Certification
- Radiological Two Training/Certification
- Breacher Qualification
Salary Grade: 210/220
Multi-Level: This is a multi-level posting and the selected candidate will be placed at the appropriate level dependent on depth and breadth of proven experience and skills
We have an extremely competitive salary structure, robust relocation package, and phenomenal benefits. For more information, please visit: https://www.inl.gov/careers/benefits-overview/. .