Bechtel Plant Machinery, Inc. (BPMI) is seeking a Mechanical Engineer Program Manager located at a remote supplier location in Batavia, New York.
BPMI is a prime contractor for the United States Naval Nuclear Propulsion Program (NNPP). We are a project engineering organization responsible for providing design, manufacturing, and procurement management for the fabrication, testing, delivery, installation, and field support of high quality nuclear power plant components for installation in submarines and aircraft carriers.
- Perform quality and manufacturing over-site through shop surveillance, oversight with DCMA, production follow, and cause and corrective action reviews.
- Measure manufacturing progress against contract milestones and schedules, assess reasons for any delays, and work with the supplier and BPMI personnel to recover to the established schedule.
- Provide manufacturing support to help resolve supplier issues.
- Review contract specifications for proper application of requirements.
- Lead and contribute to the identification and resolution of both quality and production issues.
- Assess the effectiveness of supplier initiatives to improve quality and delivery performance and provide feedback and recommendations to management.
- Assess production control processes as well as shop resources and critical operation capacity.
- Recommend and execute plans to continually improve surveillance performance.
- Team with supplier to perform surveillance at critical sub-tiers to assess and/or identify issues, monitor progress, and assess capability.
- Communicate effectively with individuals representing a wide range of corporate levels from shop personnel to senior management across multiple organizations.
- Formally document and communicate key oversight activities with stakeholders.
- B.S. in Mechanical Engineering is preferred from an accredited college or university. Other engineering fields will be considered with relevant experience.
- Minimum GPA of 3.0 is preferred for newer college graduates.
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant experience in quality, manufacturing, or supplier management is required.
- At least 5 years of experience in manufacturing or related environment is preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively across multiple levels of an organization.
- Ability to work independently with limited direction.
- Ability to work safely in a shop environment.
- Welding, NDT, and overall shop operations experience is preferred, specifically, experience with machining and welding processes including an understanding of machine setups, fixtures, and metal removal rates.
- Experience with shell and tube heat exchangers is preferred.
- Experience developing manufacturing and inspection plans based off final part or assembly level models and drawings is preferred.
- Experience with using 3-D model-based definition in defining all product manufacturing information is preferred.
- Knowledge of geometric dimensioning and tolerances (GD&T) is preferred.
- Must be a U.S. citizen due to government security clearance requirements. In order to work at BPMI, applicants must complete a Federal background investigation and be granted a security clearance.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Competitive Health Care, Dental, and Vision
- Defined Contribution Retirement Plans
- 401(k) Plan with company match
- Capital Accumulation Plan (CAP) with company contribution
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- 9/80 work schedule option
- Competitive Vacation and Holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Continuing Education and Training
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.