AMEWAS, Inc. is seeking highly motivated and talented Verification &Validation Analyst to support the Advanced Aircraft Research, Development, Test & Evaluation. This position is classified as AMEWAS labor category Subject Matter Expert.
About the location: California, Maryland or Patuxent River, Maryland #1 City Hiring the Most High-Tech Workers (California-Lexington Park, Maryland). To learn more about our surrounding location, please visit: Visit St. Mary’s.
A typical day as a Verification and Validation Analyst may include:
- Supports as AMEWAS V&V team member for the Integrated Battlespace Simulation and Test (IBST) department/Modeling & Simulation (M&S) division on the F-35 Joint Strike Fighter (JSF) Joint Simulation Environment (JSE).
- Provides technical expertise support to the government customers and assists with defining and establishing current and future capabilities.
- Supports duties as the JSE V&V Electronic Warfare/Countermeasures (EW/CM) Subject Matter Expert (SME).
- Performs RF/EW Avionic Engineering tasks; e.g. review and analyze avionics system/subsystem performance and/or design specs, develops RF link budgets to assess/predict RF system performance, etc.
- Analyzes classified threat system design/specs and capabilities/performance in a given engagement scenario.
- Develops Validation Test Design (VTD), Validation Test and Analysis Plans (VTAP) and reporting documents for F-35 JSE component/system level evaluation.
- Supports development of JSE Test Plans and Test Cards for event execution.
- Supports daily communications with V&V customers/SME's, JSE Development Team representatives, and supporting sub-contractors.
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering or related field
- Minimum of 12 years’ experience required
- Knowledge of 4th/5th Gen. EW, Radar, and Communication Systems required.
- Knowledge of Physics with a focus in Electronics, and Electromagnetic Wave Theory.
- DoD Secret security clearance