AMEWAS, Inc. is seeking a highly motivated and talented TEMPEST Engineer to support Air Combat Environment Test & Evaluation Facility. This position is classified as AMEWAS labor category Engineer.
About the location: Patuxent River, Maryland #1 City Hiring the Most High-Tech Workers (California-Lexington Park, Maryland). To learn more about our surrounding location, please visit: Visit St. Mary’s.
A typical day as a TEMPEST Engineer may include:
- A TEMPEST project lead on average will conduct 3-6 TEMPEST tests per year with some travel required.
- The selected candidate will work directly with a US Navy Certified TEMPEST Technical Authority (CTTA) contributing to countermeasure reviews, conducting system level TEMPEST testing and writing TEMPEST test reports on US Navy aircraft and other systems as assigned.
- As a project lead the candidate is responsible for reaching out to customers to gather all necessary information, to include wiring diagrams, equipment specifications, and system interfaces and provide project management and engineering services throughout all phases of the acquisition life cycle.
- When required by the CTTA, the project lead may complete visual TEMPEST inspections and TEMPEST testing of facilities, systems, and equipment, to include SCIFs and PDS.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Math, or Physics
- Must have 2 to 15 years' relevant work experience
- Desired-Possess the National TEMPEST School certifications in TEMPEST Fundamentals, RED/BLACK Installation Guidance and or test courses to include Lab, Field, and NONSTOP. Possess TEMPEST Professional (CTP) 1&2 (both) certifications and EMI experience
- DoD Top Secret security clearance