AMEWAS, Inc. is seeking a highly motivated and talented Programmer to support Battlespace Modeling & Simulation. This position is classified as AMEWAS labor category Programmer.
About the location: California, Maryland or Patuxent River, Maryland #1 City Hiring the Most High-Tech Workers (California-Lexington Park, Maryland). To learn more about our surrounding location, please visit: Visit St. Mary’s.
A typical day as a Programmer may include:
- Implements new and/or upgrade existing automated build services that support our development process on both Windows and Linux systems
- Scales up our capacity for and utilization of automated building and testing
- Facilitates and grow the amount of automated testing used by our team
- Monitors, maintains, and reports on the status of automated build and test services
- Develops and integrate tools as needed to improve developer efficiency
- Promotes best practices and technologies to the team and to team leadership
- Collaborates with our IT team, maintain a strong security posture on our systems
- BS in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
- Minimum of 6 years’ experience coding with C++ and/or Qt development skills and a minimum of 3 years’ professional experience as a Software, IT, or Systems Engineer with demonstrated experience building and maintaining automated software development environments
- Proficient with configuration management systems, especially Git
- Proficient with integration tools such as Jenkins/Bitbucket and/or GitLab CI
- Proficient in scripting languages such as Bash and/or Python
- The ability to obtain and maintain a DoD SECRET security clearance