AMEWAS, Inc. is seeking a highly motivated and talented Network Administrator to support Air Combat Environment Test & Evaluation Facility.
This position is classified as AMEWAS labor category Systems Administrator.
About the location: California, Maryland or Patuxent River, Maryland #1 City Hiring the Most High-Tech Workers (California-Lexington Park, Maryland). To learn more about our surrounding location, please visit: Visit St. Mary’s.
A typical day as a Network Administrator may include:
- Primarily responsible for classified networks on board fleet assets.
- Upon successful lab test, implement changes to fleet aircraft and ground sites.
- Be able to work in a constantly changing arena to enable secure communications worldwide.
- Required to troubleshoot network issues from around the world with front line assets.
- Develop network protocols as required for secure processing of data.
- Work with a network team to create, develop and implement networks. Layout and publish network protocol for required teams. Understand router and switch configuration.
- Desired for candidate to be able to complete flight qualifications to fly on fleet aircraft for network support during local operations.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 6 years’ experience with Microsoft Servers / Workstations, Cisco IOS, Brocade, RHEL, Radius, STIGS/SCANS, Solar winds, and LOS Data Links (example CDL / Link-16 / Vortex).
- Able to obtain a CI Poly within 6 months
- Security + and OS cert (Cisco, MS or Linux +), Cisco preferred required by PRIVAC
- DoD Top Secret security