AMEWAS, Inc., a growing Department of Defense (DoD)/ FederalContractor, built on the premise of “Innovating Tomorrow’s SolutionsToday.” We’ve created a close knit family culture focused on continuallearning, professionalism and high-performance. Our customers give us praisefor the quality of our product: our employees.
Come find out why.
AMEWAS, Inc. is seeking a highly motivated and talented International Security Specialist to support Battlespace Modeling & Simulation. This position is classified as AMEWAS labor category Security Specialist.
About the location: California, Maryland or Patuxent River, Maryland #1 City Hiring the Most High-Tech Workers (California-Lexington Park, Maryland). To learn more about our surrounding location, please visit: Visit St. Mary’s.
A typical day as an International Security Specialist may include:
- Manages and coordinates all duties associated with reasonability and disclosure, to include: organization, analysis and interpretation of Requests for Information (RFIs); generating, maintaining and tracking a list of all disclosure requests; analysis and editing of documents for release in accordance with latest policy regulations.
- Ensure appropriate approvals for data release obtained from authorized agencies and organizations.
- Oversee day-to-day operation of international cooperative program, including package development and coordination, required report submissions, cooperative engagements with partners and providing guidance to team on cooperative partner interactions.
- Review Requests for Export Licenses and assess them against existing policy to identify appropriate approvals or provisos that should be considered or recommended.
- Review and track Letters of Request (LOR) and support the team with developing Letters of Offer and Acceptance (LOA) and Price and Availability (P&A) packages.
- Experience with the Defense Security Assistance Management System (DSAMS) tool is desired but not mandatory.
- Track and coordinate international customer action items, from initial customer inquiry through resolution and response reporting.
- Provide status reports to program leadership regarding technical and programmatic aspects related to all international activities.
- Review and approve document distribution requests (DDRs) for MSEA team.
- Manage the foreign visit requests and foreign travel requests.
- BS/BA in technical or business discipline
- Minimum of 8 years’ relevant work experience
- Demonstrated experience in international cooperative projects within the DoD or other government agency
- Knowledge of the Security Assistance/Cooperation programs
- Knowledge of foreign disclosure and releasable processes and procedures
- Knowledge of international and Government-to-Government agreements and policy
- Knowledge of the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and Trade Agreement Acts (TAA) processes
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- DoD Top Secret security clearance
Skills crucial to success at AMEWAS, Inc.:
- Customer-focused attitude with high level of professionalism and discretion.
- Ability to work effectively with management and part of a team to meet targets.
- Is reliable, possesses initiative, and works well as an individual or part of a team.
Physical environment and working conditions:
- The physical environment requires the employee to work in an office, sitting in a cubicle or at a desk, looking at a computer for most of the workday. Work is physically comfortable. The employee has discretion about sitting, walking, standing, etc.
- The employee may be required to travel short distances to offices/conference rooms and buildings on site. In some occasions, the employee may be required to report to offices or buildings near the work site. In rare occasions, overnight travel may be required.
Refer to a friend: If you know someone who may beinterested, please share this posting. We are a growing team and theremay be more opportunities like this one here at AMEWAS, Inc.!
More about Us:
AMEWAS, Inc. is a small, Veteran-run company that has beenproviding excellent technical, engineering, administrative, and managementservices to the Department of Defense for more than 35 years. At AMEWAS weunderstand the need for a successful work/life balance and are focused not juston fulfilling customers’ needs, but ensuring our employees are a top priorityas well.
Staying connected to our core values sets us apart from ourcompetition! AMEWAS easily recognizes and rewards performance, dedication andlongevity. We are committed to investing in our employees and their future byproviding them with competitive compensation, career development, optimumworking conditions, and unique benefits. AMEWAS participates with E-Verify toconfirm eligibility to work in the United States.
It is the policy of AMEWAS, Inc. to provide equal employmentopportunities for all without regard to race, color, religion, sex, nationalorigin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation,genetic information or any other protected characteristic under applicable law.Additionally, AMEWAS, Inc. will make reasonable accommodations for qualifiedindividuals with known or perceived disabilities unless doing so would resultin an undue hardship. Individuals with disabilities who need assistance withthe application process may call 301-863-7102. Finally, AMEWAS, Inc. strictlyfollows guidelines regarding the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.Be sure to check out the rest of our website at www.amewas.com for moreinformation about our company, benefits & family!
Our excellent benefits and perks include:
- Medical, dental, vision, 401(k), Life/AD&D/STD/LTD insurance
- Paid vacation, holiday and sick leave
- Generous tuition & training assistance program
- Relocation assistance
- Sign-on bonuses
- Employee longevity recognition
- Community involvement & outreach
- Team building events
- Recognition program
- Wellness program
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Mobile service discount
- Discounted gym membership
If you’re still interested (and we hope you are!), pleasesubmit your application.