AMEWAS, Inc., a growing Department of Defense (DoD)/ Federal Contractor, built on the premise of “Innovating Tomorrow’s Solutions Today.” We’ve created a close knit family culture focused on continual learning, professionalism and high-performance. Our customers give us praise for the quality of our product: our employees.
Come find out why.
AMEWAS, Inc. is seeking a highly motivated and talented F-35 Subject Matter Expert to support Battlespace Modeling & Simulation. This position is classified as AMEWAS labor category Subject Matter Expert.
About the location: California, Maryland or Patuxent River, Maryland #1 City Hiring the Most High-Tech Workers (California-Lexington Park, Maryland). To learn more about our surrounding location, please visit: Visit St. Mary’s.
A typical day as an F-35 Subject Matter Expert may include:
- Support as F-35 SME for the NGTS/JSE team.
- Conduct general subject matter research, analysis, correlation, and assessment.
- Assist in the NGTS introduction to fleet activities.
- Perform as the liaison between military personnel and NGTS Programmers.
- Participate in software test activities.
- Act as technical liaison to outside organizations.
- BS/BA or 15 year’s relevant work experience
- Must have a military tactical background in the F-35 platform
- Prior military tactical background in the F18 E/F, and/or F22 desired
- Active or recent flight qualifications are highly desired
- DoD Secret security clearance
Skills crucial to success at AMEWAS, Inc.:
- Customer-focused attitude with high level of professionalism and discretion.
- Ability to work effectively with management and part of a team to meet targets.
- Is reliable, possesses initiative, and works well as an individual or part of a team.
Physical environment and working conditions:
- The physical environment requires the employee to work in an office, sitting in a cubicle or at a desk, looking at a computer for most of the workday. Work is physically comfortable. The employee has discretion about sitting, walking, standing, etc.
- The employee may be required to travel short distances to offices/conference rooms and buildings on site. In some occasions, the employee may be required to report to offices or buildings near the work site. In rare occasions, overnight travel may be required.
Refer to a friend: If you know someone who may be interested, please share this posting. We are a growing team and there may be more opportunities like this one here at AMEWAS, Inc.!
More about Us:
AMEWAS, Inc. is a small, Veteran-run company that has been providing excellent technical, engineering, administrative, and management services to the Department of Defense for more than 35 years. At AMEWAS we understand the need for a successful work/life balance and are focused not just on fulfilling customers’ needs, but ensuring our employees are a top priority as well.
Staying connected to our core values sets us apart from our competition! AMEWAS easily recognizes and rewards performance, dedication and longevity. We are committed to investing in our employees and their future by providing them with competitive compensation, career development, optimum working conditions, and unique benefits. AMEWAS participates with E-Verify to confirm eligibility to work in the United States.
It is the policy of AMEWAS, Inc. to provide equal employment opportunities for all without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other protected characteristic under applicable law. Additionally, AMEWAS, Inc. will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known or perceived disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship. Individuals with disabilities who need assistance with the application process may call 301-863-7102. Finally, AMEWAS, Inc. strictly follows guidelines regarding the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. Be sure to check out the rest of our website at www.amewas.com for more information about our company, benefits & family!
Our excellent benefits and perks include:
- Medical, dental, vision, 401(k), Life/AD&D/STD/LTD insurance
- Paid vacation, holiday and sick leave
- Generous tuition & training assistance program
- Relocation assistance
- Sign-on bonuses
- Employee longevity recognition
- Community involvement & outreach
- Team building events
- Recognition program
- Wellness program
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Mobile service discount
- Discounted gym membership
If you’re still interested (and we hope you are!), please submit your application.