Novartis protects 750 million patients and more than 100,000 employees in over 140 countries.
Ensure Novartis has talent and skills to execute on the business strategy by developing an Enterprise-wide data driven approach to understanding everyone’s unique potential, informing career development for our next-generation leaders.
This role increases the maturity of the talent assessment & development practices across Novartis, aligned with both the People & Organization and Talent strategies. Critical for success is to stay highly connected to the members of the (1) Global P&O Leadership Team, (2) Talent & People Solutions Leadership Team and (3) Talent Management Leaders in the Divisions.
The role reports to the Global Head of Assessment & Development, who in turn reports into the Global Head of Talent Management. Close collaboration with other team members within Talent Management, especially with Talent Strategy and Talent Intelligence, as well as with Organization Development, Learning, Talent Acquisition and People Analytics is critical for success.
- Design, deploy, embed and continuously improve the enterprise approach to talent assessment and development for Novartis and accurate prediction of leadership potential, feeding into talent intelligence, precision talent and succession management.
- Analyze data, using statistical methods and application to evaluate the outcomes and effectiveness of our leadership assessment and development programs. Research and develop executive leadership development placement methodologies. Develop rating scales, leverage psychological test to assess skills, abilities and interests for purposes of career development, placement and promotion.
- Identify development needs based on data from performance reviews, development plans, etc. and ensure requirements are being met by tracking KPIs and Diversity Equity and Inclusions metrics.
- Scale the application of the talent assessment products to further use cases, including the external recruitment of talent, to apply consistent standards internally and externally.
Internal Advisory & Expert Consulting:
- Identify arising needs for talent assessment and development support, consult with the business on the customization of existing and govern requests for new solutions.
- Leverage assessment insights for talent and career development purposes and adequately explain results to senior executives or P&O Business Partners on an as-needed basis.
- Track and measure impact of assessment and development programs overall impact on the divisions in close collaboration with Talent Management Leaders in the divisions.
Executive Support for ECN and Succession Candidates for Critical Roles:
- Advise enterprise talents on their accelerated individual development, with focus on ECN and succession candidates for critical roles. Execute the development check-in to sustain the development post-assessment, including the communication of the process and administration of survey.
- Act as the central, enterprise expert for talent assessment and development and spread the understanding and application of talent assessment and development across divisions. Work with People & Organization capability building on offering targeted, on demand learning solutions to enable P&O business partners with the methodology and tools.
- Degree in Industrial & Occupational Psychology required. Specialist education in I/O psychology required & deep subject matter expertise in this area.
- Minimum 12 years + proven work experience and demonstrated measurable results in assessment and development as a practitioner in a multi-national corporation & consultancy.
- Proven track record & expertise in building, applying and leveraging assessment solutions in a large multinational corporation, with ability to demonstrate the value generated.
- Proven analytical and conceptual skills, combined with ability to implement. Diagnosing organizations and understanding organizational health using various data measurement and analysis methods, combined with the ability to determine the appropriate interventions to shift performance outcomes.
- Strong experience working with senior executive engagement and facilitation, strong influencing ability through consulting, communication and relationship building skills. Talent for leading/working on large project teams combined with the ability and confidence to work in high-ambiguity environments.
Fluency in English required. Fluency in additional languages preferred.
This is an East Hanover, NJ based role. Consideration may be given for remote working arrangements. (There may be exceptions based on Legal Entity registration).