Product Trainer will ensure Field Associates are effectively trained on product and clinical knowledge that reflects the needs of marketing, medical, legal, and compliance requirements via pre/live/post training programs. The Product Trainer will collaborate with the Franchise partners, Marketing and Sales teams, and the Sales & Marketing Training Department in the development and implementation of comprehensive learning solutions.
- Manage the development and execution of the Product, Clinical, and Skills Training Curriculum for assigned brand(s).
- Collaborate with Sales & Marketing Training Department, , external vendors/SMEs, and key Franchise functions (eg. Sales, Marketing, Medical HR) in the development of training materials that reflect the needs of the brand and evolving market landscape and legal/regulatory requirements.
- Ensure cross-functional input is integrated & aligned in the strategy, tactics, & investments of the plan.
- Ensure curriculum is designed to accommodate progressive learning from fundamental through advanced.
- Conduct on-going needs analysis (customer feedback, field interactions, SMEs, etc) and leverage results to inform/adjust training strategy and curriculum as needed in partnership with Training Lead.
- Ensure all materials (live, online, testing, etc) are approved and compliant consistent with Novartis policies.
- Identify and execute pull through opportunities for each learning program and leverage the pre and post training metrics to measure impact on business outcomes
- Ensure quality delivery of training by partnering with Marketing, Sales, MDs and ASMs to develop and pull through the training strategy in the field using a variety of tactics (live and virtual facilitation, Train the Trainers, Peer-based teaching, etc) and technologies.
- Partner with brand teams to ensure selling messages are effectively conveyed. Must be able to effectively respond to changes in brand labelling, sales campaigns and materials, competitor activity and market events to provide continued reinforcement of product training.
- Manage development of District Planning or National Sales Meeting presentations / resources and execute in conjunction with the Brand teams. Ensure materials are up to date and oMAP approved per Novartis policy.
- Partner with the marketing teams and Training Lead to embed product training into New Hire Training curriculum, including the design, production, implementation, coordination and evaluation of all product/clinical skills training activities relating to new hire training workshops. Ensure materials are up to date & oMAP approved per Novartis policy.
- Selling skills training – Identify opportunities to improve on the Field Associates implementation of the Novartis sales approach. Consistently pull through the Novartis sales approach in all training materials developed, inclusive of new hire, ASM and on-going training.
- On-going training – Constantly stay attuned with field training needs; development and implementation of training activities, and completion of on-going assessment. Lead and participate in the development of on-going training (all formats) for reps regarding ways to effectively enhance their product/clinical knowledge, product selling messages, and selling skills.
- Identify opportunities for enhancements, customization and applying key learnings to increase business outcomes in areas including: 1) Advanced product/clinical skills training, 2) continuous product/clinical training & assessments, 3) Product certification requirements, 4) Selling skills, 5) Benchmarking excellence, and 6) Identifying & implementing best practices.
- BA/BS Required
- Fluent English (written and spoken)
- 5-10 years of pharmaceutical experience (preferred) - Experience could be across any combination of the following: 1) sales representative, 2) sales training experience; in-house experience preferred, 3) marketing
- Strong product/disease state knowledge and experience; agility to learn multiple disease states/products
- Presentation and platform skills, including ability to communicate in small and large settings
- Strong Communication (oral/written) & Interpersonal skills
- Brand strategy, tactics understanding
- Partnering Skills (brand, medical, vendors etc)
- Knowledge of field/sales force
- Administrative management skills - planning, organization, operational decision making and analysis.
- Demonstrated experience in working with others to achieve organizational objectives including the ability to anticipate and adapt, own and or/work group tactics to support changing business needs
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects and be accountable for individual & department results
- Pharmaceutical launch (non-oncology or oncology) experience preferred
Competitive salary, annual bonus, long term incentive for select levels, health insurance, paid vacation/holidays, potential flexible working arrangements, subsidized dining facilities, employee recognition scheme.