The US Commercial Leader, Precision Medicine is a key member of the US Region Commercial Team responsible for development and implementation of both strategic and tactical marketing programs for biomarkers and diagnostics in partnership with brand teams. Responsibilities also include scientific engagement of key scientific leaders relevant for guiding and enabling implementation, adoption and use of diagnostics in the US. Engagement programs, Advisory Boards, Congresses/Symposia etc. are developed in close collaboration with the Medical Affairs team and individual tumor teams.
The position will require a solid understanding of the role of biomarkers & diagnostics in precision and personalized medicine as well as established connections and relationships in the diagnostic space. Strong leadership skills and ability to collaborate across the organization with other functional areas and global/corporate Diagnostic Leads will be essential. Proven ability to work with many areas of marketing management including strategy development, engagement programs, market research, segmentation, competitive dynamics, and issues management in a highly complex and dynamic environment is a must. Ideal candidate has prior companion diagnostic launch experience with third party diagnostic providers, familiarity with sales execution in diagnostic arena and proven ability to drive testing adoption for new biomarkers. The candidate will need to have strong business acumen and a demonstrated ability to understand and manage key levers that drive growth and profitability.
Your responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Work effectively with cross-functional partners including Early Commercial Strategy, Global Marketing, Global Drug Development/Oncology Precision Medicine, Medical Affairs, Alliance Management, Market Access, Finance, Regulatory Affairs, Communications, BD&L, Legal, mar-ket analytics, health economics & outcomes research, US operations, diagnostic partner companies etc. to successfully navigate the internal and external environments and deliver value to our customers
- Provide commercial leadership on activities including long & short range business strategy & planning, portfolio valuations, development of diagnostic indication strategy & messaging, operating budget & forecasting, global reimbursement strategic plan, launch readiness reviews, customer interactions, market research, BD&L activities, and partner management
- Provide commercial leadership, support and expertise to Diagnostic Development Teams, Joint Commercialization Committees, US marketing & sales organizations.
- This position will report to Head, US Precision Medicine.
What you’ll bring to the role:
- Education: Bachelor’s degree required. Advanced Graduate degree in Science and MBA highly preferred.
- Travel as required
- Minimum of 7 years professional experience in pharma industry required, preferably across multiple geographies
- Minimum of 5 years market-facing commercial experience (in-line product marketing, strategic marketing, and/or sales experience, or managed markets experience), with prior experience working in multiple therapeutic areas and across specialty and primary care
- Prior commercial experience with companion and/or complementary diagnostics, particularly in solid tumor indications (e.g. breast, lung, melanoma)
- Proven track record of driving biomarker testing adoption and co-leadership with medical affairs
- Strategy skills: e.g. strategic planning, strategic consulting, or other notable strategy role
- Crisp, clear and compelling communication style, experience in senior management discussions
- Outstanding influencing skills including proven ability to 1) think cross functionally, 2) speak the language of pharma research and clinical development fluently, 3) lead, set direction, align, engage and motivate colleagues and peers in a matrix environment, 4) develop external networks