INNOVATION, QUALITY, COLLABORATION, PERFORMANCE, COURAGE AND INTEGRITY
Over 900+ clinical trials validate that gene therapies are transforming the practice of medicine. As a Research Associate for AAV early pipeline process development, you will have an opportunity to join the NIBR Biologics Center (NBC - San Diego, CA) and be at the cutting edge, leading the development of innovative medicines that can improve lives of patients.
NBC builds the biologics pipeline in collaboration with NIBR Disease Areas and Platforms via a breadth of technologies for discovery of antibody, protein and gene therapy-based therapeutics. The Biotherapeutic Engineering and Gene Therapy (BEGT) group within NBC drives a diverse portfolio of modalities including therapeutic proteins, multi-specific antibodies, CAR-T, RNA therapeutics and rAAV. Through cell and viral engineering as well as innovative and rational protein design, the BEGT group is a global team that works collaboratively with disease area groups to broaden the use of biologics into therapeutic applications where conventional antibodies have limitations.
The Senior Research Associate, Molecular Biology, is responsible for design of cloning strategies, site-directed mutagenesis, and additional highly skilled molecular biology work including ddPCR. This role plays an integral role in R&D for AAV construct design and cloning.
- Designs, prepares and executes ddPCR of various sample types to support biodistribution studies.
- Execution of RNA/ DNA isolation, ddPCR, ELISA assays and additional molecular biology work including assisting with next-gen sequencing.
- Cross-program molecular biology support, including promoter optimization, cell-based potency assays, and process science construct optimization.
- Plans, execute and analyze experiments under minimal supervision, utilizing molecular techniques.
- Examines data and prepares technical reports, summaries, protocols and quantitative analysis, ensuring experiments are well documented.
- Helps to maintains and ensures safe laboratory environment and work practices.
- Collaborates across a dynamic scientific environment.
- Other relates duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Biology or related scientific discipline with 3 years research experience in area or 6 years of equivalent education/experience may be accepted.
- Experience/knowledge of basic molecular biology techniques, including PCR, qPCR and ddPCR, DNA/RNA isolation.
- Excellent communication and documentation skills.
- Detail oriented with critical thinking skills.
- Position requires ability to work collaboratively across a dynamic scientific environment, therefore communication skill, both written and verbal, and strong interpersonal skills.
The level of this position will be based on the final candidate’s qualifications.