IPVM is looking for a service academy graduate to serve as our government liaison in DC. IPVM is an independent, US company that is the world’s leader in surveillance information and research. The company has a strong focus on ethical business practices and often confronts companies and organizations that do not. The right candidate for this role will have a passion for ethics and a desire to help organizations improve their knowledge and understanding of the technology they use.
Over the last two years, IPVM grew from 10 employees to 27 and is on track to expand similarly over the next few years. As IPVM’s government liaison, you will report to the Head of Operations (USMA ’07). This is an ideal opportunity for an independent leader who is committed to applying their interpersonal, strategic, and operational skills to build and sustain relationships with government entities.
- Strong sense of ethics. If your goal is to get rich than get an MBA and work for a bank, work in Silicon Valley, etc.
- 5 years of active-duty US Military experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of US government agencies and structure
- Demonstrated interest in technology, video surveillance is a plus
- Passion for making an impact rather than maximizing profits. This role is designed to help support government entities and their understanding of technology, rather than selling information or bidding on contracts
- Knowledge of the PRC and Mandarin Chinese is a plus
- Strong interpersonal skills, willingness to network and cultivate relationships
- Proximity or interest in living in DC a plus
- Lead, develop and expand IPVM’s government relationships in both the US and abroad
We offer 3 weeks PTO time, several paid holidays, and your birthday off. We offer medical, dental, and vision insurance coverage. Employees are paid well, rewarded for solid performance, and receive a SEP IRA to which we contribute an additional 20% of the employee salary without requiring any contribution from the employee.