The U.S. Naval Academy Alumni Association and Foundation is looking to hire a full-time Director of Business Intelligence responsible for leading the delivery of Business Intelligence and analytics projects from conception to final delivery.
This position is based in historic Annapolis near the U.S. Naval Academy. In 2022, the staff of the U.S. Naval Academy Alumni Association and Foundation will move into new modern offices in a to-be-constructed Alumni Center, which is being built on the banks of College Creek overlooking the Naval Academy and downtown Annapolis. The U.S. Naval Academy Alumni Association and Foundation is a non-profit organization committed to advancing higher education, supporting U.S. Naval Academy alumni and furthering the mission and vision of the United States Naval Academy. We support United States Naval Academy Strategic Plan and United States Naval Academy Mission as the Alumni Association and Foundation.
The U.S. Naval Academy Alumni Association & Foundation Director of Business Intelligence is a hands-on, staff management position reporting directly to the VP, Finance & Operations and will provide leadership across business functional areas inclusive of Development, Membership, Communications, Events, Finance and IT to promote value of data science, analytics and reporting while empowering, coaching and motivating business and IT associates. This role will interface with the Data Base Administrator / Engineer (IT group) to ensure consistent and best practice data management policies are in place. This role will also be the primary relationship interface with our external CRM application and tool providers to ensure such applications and tools are current and within the parameters of support obligations and subscription renewals. This is an exempt position.
- Leads and promotes the Business Intelligence priorities, projects and best practice data collection and reporting processes across the Enterprise to create effective delivery of information to cross functional business users.
- Works with the Data Base Administrator / Engineer and various business users across the Enterprise to direct Business Intelligence/Data Warehouse development practices in the areas of scheduling, technical direction, future planning and standard development, management, privacy and use practices.
- Manages appropriate vendors, full time staff and consultants through business analysis, system analysis and application development activities with the various applications and tools that the Enterprise utilizes.
- Operates cross functionally as well as manages projects simultaneously and assumes responsibility for the ultimate delivery of useful analysis and reports needed to advance the business objectives of the Enterprise.
- Collaborates directly with the business and IT Team to conceive and implement innovative and scalable solutions to satisfy various business challenges and objectives.
- Meets determined milestones (both project and on-going) to ensure project/program objectives are met in a timely manner.
- Leads and performs product evaluations and proof of concepts for new/emerging technology Business Intelligence/Analytic solutions to advance the maturity of Enterprise Business Intelligence landscape.
- Works with the VP of Finance & Operations to advocate, mentor and be a change agent for new implemented systems, applications, tools and technology with special emphasis on Business Intelligence, data management and data warehouse best practice approaches.
- Participation in special projects and additional duties as assigned and directed by the VP of Finance & Operations.
- Enhance coordination and integration with Development Operations to improve processes and outcomes.
- Enhance processes and system operations with Chapters, SiGS and Clubs in the use of our new Hivebrite technology.
- Work with IT to create more effective Mobile technology deployment.
- Enhance and improve processes between Finance and USNA with annual data flows and usage to include new Grant Management tools.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems or other related field required. Master’s Degree a plus.
- 5+ years relevant experience including 1) 5 years of Business Intelligence experience including managing teams in data procurement and business analysis in a cross functional environment and 2) 5 years of experience with major Business Intelligence/Analytic packages and business analysis in higher education foundation and alumni-based organizations.
- Strong leadership, management, relationship and team building skills required.
- Ability to interface and build relationships with the cross-functional user community is required.
- Ability to motivate and drive teams to successful delivery of projects and solutions required.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills required.
- Excellent time management, project management, and organizational skills are required.
- Strong understanding of analytical/statistical concepts with the ability to explain in business- friendly terms.
- Proficient in Microsoft Project, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio.
- Experience in working with standard CRM applications and interfacing with DB administrative / management teams.