ThePrincipalGiftStrategist/SeniorWriterwillmaximizecomplex,life-longrelationshipsbetweenprincipalgift donors and prospective donors and the Naval Academy. The PrincipalGifts team assists the NavalAcademyAlumniAssociationandFoundationPresidentandCEO,theFoundationExecutiveVicePresident, and members ofthe Foundation Board of Directors in engaging principal gift donors andprospective donors as partners, accordingto their interests and expertise, with the mission and strategicpriorities of the Naval Academy and theNaval Academy Alumni Association and Foundation. As a keymember of the Principal Gifts team, thePrincipal Gift Strategist/Senior Writer will provide key analytic,projectmanagement,andstrategicwritingsupport.ThePrincipalGiftStrategist/SeniorWriterwilloperateindependently and as an integral member of a team, while taking on avariety of assigned tasks andprojectsas a partner in building and advancing donors' relationships with the AlumniAssociation andFoundationand theNavalAcademy.
The Foundationis currently concluding the public phase of its comprehensive campaign, Called to Serve,Daring to Lead, which has raised more than $530 million insupport of the Academy and its students.PrincipalGiftshaveplayedakeyroleinthesuccessofthecampaignand,moreimportantly,haveaffordedNaval Academy leadership with theprivate gift resources to launch and enhance key strategic initiativesandprograms,suchastheCenterforCyberSecurityStudiesandInternationalPrograms.AstheAcademylooks to the future, it is now moreimportant than ever to build life-long relationships with alumni,parents, and friends who have the passion,dedication, and capacity to make a transformational impactattheNavalAcademy.ThePrincipalGiftStrategist/SeniorWriterwillbepartof,andhelpsupport,ahigh-performingteamoffundraisersanddevelopmentprofessionalswhowillplayavitalroleinthesuccessofphilanthropicpartnershipsandleadership.
The UnitedStates Naval Academy Alumni Association and the United States Naval AcademyFoundationare two independent,not-for-profit corporations sharing a single President and CEO and operating asafully integrated organization insupport of the Naval Academy and its mission. The organization’s focusandcorecompetenciesareengagementandphilanthropyinpursuitofcomplementaryandcloselyalignedmissions.ThecoursesetbyAlumniAssociationfoundersin1886ringstruetodayasitsmissionistoserveandsupport the United States, the Naval Service, the Naval Academy, and academyalumni by furtheringthehigheststandardsattheNavalAcademy;seekingout,informing,encouraging,andassistingoutstanding, qualified young men and women to pursue careers as officersthrough the Naval Academy;andinitiatingandsponsoringactivitiesthatwillperpetuatethehistory,traditions,memories,andgrowthoftheNavalAcademyandbindalumnitogetherinsupportofthehighestidealsofcommand,citizenship,andthegovernment.
The UnitedStates Naval Academy Alumni Association and Foundation is committed to treatingall withdignity and respect, andaffording equal opportunity to everyone to reach their full potential withoutregard to race, color, religion, gender,disability, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identityandexpression,veteranstatus, militarystatus, oranyotherstatusprotectedbylaw.
Itsvaluessetitapartfromotherorganizations.Itattractspeoplewhoarelookingforaworkingenvironmentwhere initiativeand integrity prevail.Itexpects that certain principleswillalwaysbepresentinitsrelationshipswithitsemployees,members,andsuppliers.Theseprinciplesare
· Integrity· Respect· Service—customer· Excellence· TeamworkcultureofphilanthropyattheUnitedStatesNavalAcademy.Weareconcludingonlyoursecondcampaignin our history. The very positive results of this campaign havehighlighted the depth and quality of oursuccessfulalumniandtheneedtobetterdevelopmeaningfulopportunitiesforengagementandinvestmentintoday’s Naval Academy.
We are excited to add expertise that canhelp us unlock the philanthropic potential and intent of ourextraordinary alumni, family and friends.The Principal Gift Strategist will become part of a collaborativeteam of advancement professionals whoshare a deep commitment to the future of the Academy and thenavalservice.
· assist· interact
· andeditarangeofhigh-quality,custommaterialsimportanttoadvancingrelationshipswithhigh-leveldonors and prospective donors including proposals, briefings for donormeetings,talking points, stewardshipreports and materials, presentations, and draft correspondence onbehalfoftheCEOandPresident,ExecutiveVicePresident,andotherFoundationleaders;
· work closely with the Marketing &Communications team to direct the design and format of· collaborate· assist with the creation and deployment ofPrincipal Gift communications to prospective donors
· working closely with the Vice President ofDevelopment, help direct Principal Gift workflow to· prepare· ensure accurate and timely data entry into theFoundation’s CRM database for all volunteer· work closely with the Advancement ServicesDirector and staff to develop reports that will assist· working closely with the Principal Gift Officer,help provide logistics support for principal giftdonorandprospectivedonorvisitsthroughcollaborationwithcolleaguesintheResearch,Events,Donor Relations& Stewardship, and Marketing & Communications as well as Naval Academyadministration;
· assist in the preparation of Principal Giftvisit and event schedules and briefing materials for· assist· support· maintain· assist· serve
· a· strong· exceptional· excellent· an· a· an· an· proficiency· proficiency· professionalintegrity,intellectualcuriosity,andanabilitytocollaborateacrossteams.
TheUnitedStatesNavalAcademyAlumniAssociation and Foundation offers a competitivesalarycommensuratewithexperience.TheAlumniAssociationandFoundationoffersagenerousbenefitsplan which includes medical, dental, vision, an FSA, an HSA, afully-vested 403(b) retirement plan withemployermatching, 22 days of accrued paid time off (PTO) per fiscal year, 13 paidholidays per calendaryear, grouplife insurance, short-term and long-term disability, identity theft protection,and annualopportunitiesforprofessionaldevelopment.
This positionis based in historic Annapolis, Maryland near the U.S. Naval Academy. In 2022,the staff oftheAlumniAssociationandFoundationwillmoveintonewmodernofficesinato-be-constructedAlumniCenter,whichisbeingbuiltonthebanksofCollegeCreekoverlookingtheNavalAcademyanddowntownAnnapolis.
The United States Naval Academy Alumni Association and the United States Naval Academy Foundation are two independent, not-for-profit corporations sharing a single president and CEO and operating as a fully integrated organization in support of the Naval Academy and its mission. The organization’s focus and core competencies are engagement and philanthropy in pursuit of complementary and closely aligned missions.
The course set by Alumni Association founders in 1886 rings true today as the Alumni Association serves and supports the United States, the Naval Service, the Naval Academy and its alumni:
› by furthering the highest standards at the Naval Academy;
› by seeking out, informing, encouraging and assisting outstanding, qualified young men and women to pursue careers as officers through the Naval Academy;
› by initiating and sponsoring activities which perpetuate the history, traditions, memories and growth of the Naval Academy and bind alumni together in support of the highest ideals of command, citizenship and government.
With a primary focus on engagement, the Alumni Association promotes informed advocacy for today’s Naval Academy and Brigade of Midshipmen among its many constituents—alumni, parents and friends.
Help us improve SACC by providing feedback about this job:
Report an issue